I hope you all had a wonderful festive season and starting 2014 all refreshed! I would like to welcome all the new subscribers. Thank you for choosing to receive my sewing news, I hope you will enjoy the read! (For those I haven’t met, English is not my first language, so please, forgive me for the writing hiccups!)
Since the rain seems to have set in with us for a little while, I think it’s a good time to get stuck in some good making projects and before we know it, the spring will be with us!
I’ve been planning some new workshops for 2014 and I hope you will find something to your liking!
Here is a little message to all my subscribers:
I am doing my best to offer a range of date and time to suits everyone but if you haven’t been able to join any workshop yet and would like to get involve, do let me know your preference and be as specific as you wish!
( Evening class anyone? Week end? 6 weeks course or weekend workshop? )
Any feedback is always appreciated and will help me to insure everyone finds its perfect fit !
Ok, now to our next sewing dates!
Level: Open to beginners and intermediates.
When & where and how much?
- Start Monday the 10th of February, 1pm to 5pm at the Quercus Rooms, 24 King Street, Carmarthen
Book 6 weeks for £ 142 or pay by session for £25
Flexible payment terms are available.
- Start Tuesday the 11th of February, 10am to 1pm, in Pontargorthi Hall
New prices: Book six weeks for £108 or pay per session £20.
Flexible payment terms are available.
The Beginner’s ONE Day Workshop,
Will cover the basic of how to use a sewing machine, basic seams, sewing terms and a chance to practise while making a tote bag, easy and practical! The perfect taster!
Where: The Quercus Rooms in Carmarthen
When: As much as possible, on Saturdays, once a month
- 3rd of Feb ( a chance to try before committing to the 6 weeks course)
- 15th of Feb
- 1st of March
- 5th of April
How much: £25 (includes sewing machines and equipment)
To ease you into garment making, I have selected good wardrobe staple patterns from the company Deer&Doe. Timeless, elegant, and straight-forward construction, with a bit of practice you will get a lot out of one single pattern. Course length varies by project.
- Learn how to read commercial pattern.
- learn how to plan your project ( choosing the right size, anticipate pattern alteration, fabric)
- Learn when and how to make a “toile”
- Practise simple pattern modification to get the fit right.
- Learn invaluable construction techniques while making your own garment!
First project: The “Chardon” skirt
Course length: 4 x 3 hour sessions
Start: Monday 3rd of March 9am to 12pm
Level: Beginner +
How much: £85
Including: the use of sewing machines, basic equipments, a Deer and Doe skirt pattern with garment construction instruction booklet.
A great way to follow up the beginner one day sewing workshop!
Lear how to put zip and lining in and take your sewing to the next level!
When: Saturday the 8th of March
Where: At the Quercus Rooms, Carmarthen
from 9.30 to 4.30
How much? £42 if you book before the 22nd of February. £48 thereafter.
This includes the use of the sewing machines and equipment, a take home pattern, a take home tutorial, tea, coffees and a light lunch.
There is a lot more to come, so keep an eye out for more details coming soon about:
- Fabric-ate flowers for mother’s day, on Saturday the 22nd of March
- Easter bag workshop on Sunday the 13th of April
- Make slippers, 2 days workshop on superb slippers for children, men and women! Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th of June
- And more clothes making workshops starting in April!
Thank you all for the regular read, the lovely replies, and the continued support!
Before I leave, here is a couple of sneak peek from my grandma’s Provencal sewing box; I had a good dig in it when I visited my family in France this Christmas!